Currane Lodge is a lakeside family run bed and breakfast with panoramic views in quiet location over looking Waterville lake. The food is superb as proprietor Ann McCarthy is a qualified chef with over 20 years experience in the hospitality industry. Available is a large breakfast menu and a variety of home baking. The property is situated on the shore of Lough Currane famous for salmon and sea trout angling. We can offer you fishing on the lake with guides or boat hire. Also to be enjoyed is river fishing on the Inny or Comeragh rivers.
You may visit the many archaeological and historical sites locally including Staigue Fort, Church Island Monastic site on Lough Currane, Skellig Michael, Lohar Fort, Standing Stones and the home of the famous liberator Daniel O’Connell and Derrynane National Park. Our peaceful and tranquil location is a bird watchers paradise with Kestrels, Pheasants, Wild geese and cormorants to be seen.
This stunning landscape is ideal for the hill walker with our home being situated on the famous Kerry Way. You may enjoy the fresh clean Atlantic air away from the many stresses of modern life. Living literally on the edge of Europe we have many beautiful and quite beaches locally, as well as the excellent deep sea angling.
For the golf enthusiast there are two golf courses locally the famous Waterville Link Course and the new Skellig Bay Course as well as many more in comfortable driving distance.
- Fantastic location to unwind
- Set on the shores of Lough Currane
- Renowned salmon and seatrout fishery
- We can arrange boats and guides for fishing
- Archaeological sites and Skellig Michael close by
- Ideal base for touring
- Salmon & sea trout angling, boats & guides arranged
- Genuine welcome, all rooms ensuite tv tea/coffee
- Stunning location close to all local facilities
- Direct access to salmon and seatrout angling
- Skellig Michael World Heritage site nearby
- Famous Waterville Links Course in close proximity
- Varied breakfast menu,traditional home baking
- Ideal base for walkers or touring the Ring of Kerry
- Picnic lunches available
- Beaches and water sports nearby
- Golf, restaurants, shops, craft market all close by
- Linen and towels provided
Address: Tarmons, Waterville, Co. Kerry
Phone: +353 66 9474073